Friday, March 1, 2013

    
 

“When I grow up” is a simple book about a boy who is thinking about what his future. Throughout the different pages he thinks about his surrounding and what they are going to become in the future. It isn’t your typical jobs, but more about how nature becomes an adult in a sense because they change. The raindrop turns into a stream…etc. In the end the boy paints out who he wants to become.  He finds his inspiration from someone close to him, his father. The illustrations are significant for this book because they explain the words. The illustrations are silent words that speak to the readers. I would recommend this book for kindergarten age level. I think it is a lesson that everyone deals with and children love to imagine their future.  

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a fun book to read in class! I really like how they depict not so typical jobs. That is a great way to teach students how to dream big, which is important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, Your post made me want to see the illustrations. I'm glad you enjoyed reading this book. Like Shannon said, it sounds like a fun book!

    ReplyDelete